Event Open to Students, Alumni and the Community
The U.S. economy closed out 2020 with 9.4 million fewer jobs due to the COVID-19 pandemic, according to Reuters. To help the community rebuild its workforce and match job seekers to jobs, Compton College is hosting a Virtual Job and Resource Fair May 4-7, 2021 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. each day. The four-day event is open to the public and will include online workshops in resume writing, job fair tips, career exploration, a chance to network and interview for jobs, and more. There will be opportunities to enter raffles and win prizes each day.
Participating employers include Hyundai, Think Together, SoCal Gas, Child Care Careers, Behavior Frontiers, Palisades Media Group, Alamitos Enterprises Jiffy Lube, California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, Covenant Care, and Nick Alexander Imports.
Virtual Job and Resource Fair Agenda
Tuesday, May 4, 2021 – Focus: Employer Spotlight
- Employers will participate in a TEDx style presentation to discuss their organization and employment opportunities.
- Job Fair participants will have the opportunity to interview directly with companies in a one-on-one or group format. Participating employers will provide meeting links (Zoom/Microsoft Teams for job applicants to join). Registered participants will receive specific links and details prior to the event.
Wednesday, May 5, 2021 – Focus: Compton College Programs
- Compton College will share information and resources about the programs offered by the college.
Thursday, May 6, 2021 – Focus: College and Community Partnerships
- Panel Discussion: Building College and Community Relationships; learn about available resources and support in your community.
Friday, May 7, 2021 – Focus: Career Education
- Introduction to Career Education workshop – learn about the different job training programs available at Compton College.
- Features an inspiring Career Education closing keynote address by Ryan Zervakos, LinkedIn client relations representative.
“Compton College recently joined the Los Angeles County Community Colleges Jobs Consortium, which expands our access to employers and brings far more job opportunities to Compton College students who are seeking jobs,” said Lynell Wiggins, Compton College’s director of Adult Education and Workforce Development. “Yet, this event is special because we are seeking to increase partnerships between our institution, employers, current and prospective students, community organizations, and our local workforce system consisting of Community Career Development, Inc. These are unusual times and our response of a week-long virtual event seeks to heighten the connection, understanding, access to a broad swath of resources, and ultimately preparation that will allow us all to move on with our lives despite the reality of COVID-19.”
Compton College students will have an opportunity to book virtual interviews with employers/companies that have entered their profile and job openings on the TARTARS@Work website. Please create an account at https://collegecentral.com/compton.
To attend the Virtual Job Fair, register today and create a profile at https://collegecentral.com/compton. All registered Compton College Job Fair attendees will receive a Zoom access link prior to the event. For more information, please contact Nicole Smith, Compton College job placement specialist, via email at email@example.com.
# # #
About Compton College
Compton College is the community’s education solution offering a full complement of transfer and degree courses, as well as career and technical education. Students may earn an associate degree or certificate, transfer to a four-year university or train for a career. Compton College is located at 1111 E. Artesia Boulevard, Compton, CA 90221.